AYRS Eastern Local Group Meeting - Sunday 2nd October

John Perry
AYRS Chairman

AYRS Eastern Local Group Meeting - Sunday 2nd October

Post by John Perry »

Many thanks to Kim for setting up the meeting as below. I have also added these detail to the 'Events' page at ayrs.org and to the AYRS Facebook page.
Please note that if in doubt the Events page at ayrs.org is generally the first place to look for details of forthcoming AYRS events and any updates to such details. The home page at ayrs.org has been in a bit of a mess for rather a long time now, sorry about that, I hope that when I get back from a sailing trip, maybe a fortnight from now, I will be able to do something about it, but in the meantime we are at least managing to keep the Events section up to date.

What: 2nd AYRS Eastern Region Members Meeting

When: Sunday 2nd October 2022 , Starting at 10am

Where: Conference Room at Alton Water Sports Centre ,

Alton Water | Suffolk | Anglian Water Parks

Address: Alton Watersports Centre, Holbrook Road, Stutton, Ipswich, IP9 2RY,

Car park opening/closing times: - 09:00 to 18:00
Parking cost: Over 5 hrs/All Day/All Day Explorer Ticket - £6:00

Launching is permitted from Alton Watersports Centre: Launching is permitted only when the Alton Watersports centre is open and within the last launch time. Pop into reception to pay a day launch fee, ‘Sign On’ to the water and grab a safety wristband. Note that you must hold adequate third party insurance for your craft.

Contacts:Tel: 01473 328408

Alton Water contact: Andy Woolnough - awoolnough@anglianwater.co.uk (Andy is who I have been dealing with)

The conference room has coffee/tea making facilities and a Video Projector/Screen. WiFi is also available.

There is a cafe available BUT in another building on the reservoir site.

** Please bring your own lunch as per our normal 'Thorpe Village Hall' meetings **

The Meeting Format: I am suggesting we base it around the 'Thorpe Village Hall' agenda of - News, who has seen what? and 'mini' presentations from members and guests with lots of questions. + any boat/bits/demos.

(I am hoping to bring my latest contraption - SubSail - as I have now built it and should have a sail for it in time for the meeting.)

PLEASE CONFIRM if you can make it via MY Phone (01473 625024) or email (kim.fisher@btinternet.com) if you intend to attend.

Looking forward to meeting you all at Alton Water on the 2nd October, 2022.

Regards

Kim Fisher.

John Perry
AYRS Chairman

Re: AYRS Eastern Local Group Meeting - Sunday 2nd October

Post by John Perry »

Kim's meeting as above worked out well, although we could have done with a few more attendees. Those who do attend our meetings show great enthusiasm for our subject matter and there is never a shortage of things to talk about, so why don't more of our members come along - all who have an interest in the technical side of boating are welcome.

Kim's 'Subsail' was certainly something different - I won't attempt to describe it in words or to explain the thinking behind it. Suffice to say that it should turn some heads if we can get it on our exhibition stand at Farnborough next year! And Kim did get the sail for it in time for the meeting, and a nicely made sail and rig it is.