Hello from the Wirral

The place for new users to introduce themselves.
Paul_Pendo
newcomer

Hello from the Wirral

Post by Paul_Pendo »

Good Afternoon/Morning/Evening,

I have landed here from a fantastic Youtube video detailing a water jet cut plywood sliding seat rowing boat. The combination of design, practical tips (aligment holes to aid construction) and the quality of the finished article made me enquire further about it's origin.

My interest is in human powered vehicles (recumbent bikes and boats) and I look forward to wandering through the articles and hope to meet up at a real life event (!) sometime.

Cheers
Paul

John Perry
AYRS Chairman

Re: Hello from the Wirral

Post by John Perry »

Hi Paul - that's the rowing boat I built. That video was done a bit 'off the cuff' as something to include with the virtual dinghy show this year, I am sure the presentation of the video could be improved, maybe it will be eventually. It is a handy little boat and we are getting plenty of use from it. The AYRS does have a number of members that share your interest in human powered vehicles.

Since you are in the Wirrel I wondered if you already know that the AYRS has an active North West local group which regularly meets in the Liverpool/Manchester area. The program of meetings for this group is not currently included on the events list at ayrs.org (possibly it should be) but if you email chairman@ayrs.org I can give you some further details.